The Museum of Kom Oshim is located at the entrance of the Greaco-Roman town, Karanis. The museum was built in 1974 in an area of 280 * 160 m then it was expanded with 850 * 350 m by the supreme council of Antiquities. It was opened recently as part of the Antiquities ministry’s plan to develop and re-open museums that had closed, with a view to promoting domestic and international tourism. Continue reading Kom Ushim Museum
The North of Lake Qaroun
The northern shore of Lake Qarun in the Faiyum Depression, from Kom Aushim in the east to Quta in the west is one of the most archaeologically sensitive areas in Egypt. Continue reading The North of Lake Qaroun, Lost Land Adventure
Hidden in the desert in the north of Lake Qaroun, and in fact blending into the hills behind it, the temple was lost years ago and discovered by the archaeologist Schweinfurth in 1884.
Medinet Madi Archaeological Site
Madinet Madi Archaeological site is located in a small hill of a strategic position guarding the southwestern entrance to the Fayoum about 35 km far from Medinet El-Fayoum. The town was called Dj3 in Hieroglyphs, while during the Greek period it was identified as Narmouthis (Bresciani, 1980). The name Madi, which means “City of the Past”, seems to have originated from the Arab existence. A document, dates back to the ninth century AD., has been found in the site mentioning Madi as the name of the site
The complex was built by the architect Anupy for king Senusert II in the 12th dynasty. It consists of the mud brick pyramid and eight mastabas to the north of the pyramid, and the so-called Queen’s pyramid.