The house is located on a long a small peninsula of land called Abu Neema projecting into Lake Qaroun in Fayoum. Owned by Hamdi Pasha Saif Al Nasr who was Egypt’s former minister of defense during the time of king Farouk, the house was intended to be used during the landlord’s periodic visits to his estate here.Continue reading Hamdi Saif al Nasr House
Among the sites in the former Themistou Meris, Theadelpheia sadly exhibits best the dramatic changes which have occurred in the ancient settlements in this part of the Fayoum since the beginning of the 20th century. When Francis Kelsey visited here in spring 1920. He walked along avenues which were lined by houses still standing up to their second floors.Continue reading Theadelphia (Batn Ihrit – Khawagat)
The Golden Horn Island lies approximately in the middle of Lake Qaroun with an area of about 2 square kilometers. It is considered as an important fossils site in Egypt and an internationally important bird area.
The Museum of Kom Oshim is located at the entrance of the Greaco-Roman town, Karanis. The museum was built in 1974 in an area of 280 * 160 m then it was expanded with 850 * 350 m by the supreme council of Antiquities. It was opened recently as part of the Antiquities ministry’s plan to develop and re-open museums that had closed, with a view to promoting domestic and international tourism. Continue reading Kom Ushim Museum
The city of Fayoum is the largest city in the Fayoum province and the Capital of the modern Fayoum Governorate. Originally called Shedet in Ancient Egypt, the Greeks called it Crocodilopolis or Krocodilopolis, the Romans called it Arsinoë and the Arabs Madinat Al Fayoum. It is one of Egypt’s oldest cities, possibly the world and it was the seat of worship of the crocodile god, “Sobek”. Continue reading Fayoum city ( Madinat Al Fayoum )