The Bridge and the Mosque of Qaitbey
This Bridge was established by Lady Khawand Aslbay in the fifteenth century And Lady Khawand Aslbaa is the wife of sultan Qaitbey and sister of Sultan al-Zahir Qansouh
This bridge consists of two arches of stone which is built on the Bahr Youssef
In 1894 this bridge was rebuild which has been known from this time as El wadaa bridge And that is because it is located on the outside of the city and it is connected to its grave yard.
The mosque was built by Lady Khawand Aslbay the wife of sultan Qaitbey and sister of Sultan al-Zahir Qansouh and it was completed by her son Sultan Mohamed Qaitbey. It was built on the most part on the bridge But due to a heavy flooding the building cracked and fell on the place of bridge in the Bahr Youssef it was re-fronted building and became confined to the area of the building on the ground
There is on the door of the mosque a Panel of marble inscribed with the name of the builder and the date of construction.
Entrance Fees : Free